Here are some helpful Links and Other Resources.
Links to other Web sites are not an endorsement of any individual, organization, product or practice by DBSA-NOVA.
A good source for additional links can be found at our sister organization DBSA-NCA's website.
To suggest a link, write us at DBSANOVA
Local Mental Health Providers
- Goose Creek Consulting
Career, Life, Mental Health Coaching and more.
Free amd Fee Based Groups and Seminars available.
Local and State Resources
- Northern Virginia
- Fairfax County
- Prince William County
- Loudoun County
- Stafford County
- Clarke County
- Frederick County
- State Department of Mental Health
- U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Center for Mental Health Services
Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
Some Recommended Mental Health Services of Northern Virginia
Recommended Resources For College Students
Recommended Mood Charts
Information on Psychiatric Advance Directives in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Open news and information sites that include history, medical information, and chat rooms.
Online Suicide Hotline Listings
Suicide Prevention Information Sites
- Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Resources (Thanks, Susan and Mary)
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- National Hopeline Network (Suicide Prevention)
- Hope and Recovery: A Suicide Prevention Guide
- Rutgers University Online - Suicide Prevention
Support Groups and Assistance
- Email Address: DBSA-Western Loudoun County, VA.
- Mental Health Group, Vienna, VA (2nd and 4th Saturdays of each month from 9:00 a.m. until 10:30 a.m.)
Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic Church, De Sales Hall Building, 8601 Wolftrap Road, Vienna, VA 22182
Contact Florida Broussard at 703-938-8627 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Contact Anna Northcutt at 423-400-1807 or e-mail at email@example.com .
- Email Address: DBSA-Falls, VA.
- DBSA-National Capital Area
- Email Address: DBSA-Montgomery County, MD.
- NAMI-Northern Virginia
- NAMI-Prince William County, VA.
- Prince William County Drop-In Center (NAMI) .
Bipolar Site Directories
- Mental Health Resources for a Healthy Mind and Body
- Paying for Addiction Services and Mental Health Care
- Clinical Trials, a Service of the US National Institutes of Health
- Drug Rehabilitation - treatment-centers.net
- eMedTV: Depression and Bipolar Disorder Information, Arcticles, Videos, etc.
- Vocal Co-op Support Center (Consumer Advocacy)
- Active Minds (College Outreach Programs)
- The Top 5 Mental Health Challenges Facing Students (Best Colleges)
- Give An Hour: Mental Health help for Military Members and their Families
- Bipolar Significant Other
- bp MAGAZINE
- The Balanced Mind Foundation
- Teen Moods (Online Support)
- The Five Stages of Bipolar Grief
- National Institute for Mental Health
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- The Physicians Desk Reference or RXLIST
- The Mood Garden
- Depression and Biploar Support Alliance
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI)
- American Psychiatric Association (APA)
- Anxiety Disorders Association of America (ADAA)
- The Center for Mental Health Services
- National Mental Health Association
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- National Federation of Families for Children's Health
- Families for Depression Awareness
- McMan's Depression and Bipolar Web
- What Goes Up: Surviving the Manic Episode of a Loved One" by Judy Eron
- Pendulum Resources
- Bipolar World
- A Silver Lining
- Living Matters
- Bipolar Art
- The Psychiatric Service Dog Society (PSDS)
- Drugsdb.com - The Internet Drug Information & Side Effects Database
- DrugAlert.org - Drug Alerts: Keeping an Eye on Prescription Medication
- DrugRehab.com - Co-Occurring Disorders
- DetoxToRehab.com - The Old Dominion Has a Treatment Center For You
- Addiction Center - Bi-Polar Disorder Information
- The Recovery Village - Dual diagnosis
- Drug & Alcohol Detox Centers in Virginia
- Beach House: Dual Diagnosis Treatment Programs
- Ocean Breeze Recovery
- Florida Drug Rehab Program
- Addiction Therapy Options for Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Rehab 4 Alcoholism is a free and impartial helpline for people troubled with drug and alcohol issues. Rehab 4 Alcoholism aims to save lives by stopping addiction before it becomes too late. Tel: 0800 111 4108.
- Alcohol Rehab Guide - Now is the time to change your life. Browse resources and get connected to treatment that is right for you.